They usually tell you not to bring an umbrella along to a match, as it obscures the view for those behind you. Or maybe it's because umbrellas are for girls, I can't remember. Anyway, some Schalke 04 fans last weekend may wish they had dressed for the weather, forecast be damned.
From an article forwarded to me earlier,*
At their team’s match against 1 FC Köln over the weekend, some were showered with faeces and urine by the opposition.And how might something like this happen?
The police confirmed on Tuesday that at least one person in the Köln fan block had been seen ‘placing’ faeces into a plastic beer glass and then throwing it at his rivals.I believe this method of 'placing' is what the Germans call "sinking the Bismarck"
The solid organic missile was followed by at least two urine-filled plastic beer glasses.I recall my friend Hoss tossing two urine-filled plastic beer glasses out the passenger-side window of an SUV on a busy highway at night once. I was in the car behind them and thought he had twice decided to pour himself a beer (that's illegal in Massachusetts while in a moving vehicle, kids) and then change his mind in quick succession. But I digress.
“We as a club obviously distance ourselves from these people,” said a spokesman for 1 FC Köln fans. “This behaviour is not acceptable. There cannot be two opinions on this.”Leading my man Sean from the same email chain to assess "yeah, very obviously."
* Cheers, Meaux
2 comments:
Gerard Depardieu has been on some bender.
Ha. Gerard Depar-doodoo.
Post a Comment