Caught the last 20 minutes or so of Barcelona vs Real Madrid last night. Spanish commentary. It kind of makes you have to work a little harder to understand what's going on when you don't have it dumbed down for you in your own language. Also the missus was on my case about getting ready to go out, so bear with me here. Anyway, Messi's finisher above? That kid's one to look out for, people. You heard it here first. LULZ.
Of course later on there was some ugliness, with a bad tackle followed by a melee. "Tsk, tsk, no one likes to see that," the Spanish-speaking commentators probably said. Oh please. I'm sure I speak not only for myself when I say a pack of overpaid morons slapping each other around is marvelously entertaining. Quit trying to tell us how we feel, commentators (if indeed you were doing that).
Unsurprisingly, Jose Mourinho's getting a lot of headlines this morning, with the usual cries of dirty tactics and arrogance and other stuff. I have to say I've always had a soft spot for him, if only because he's never boring (well in non-football terms anyway). The game is low on characters and high on dullards. Watch any post-match interview from last weekend and tell me I'm wrong. Then again, Jose sort of got to the point of self-parody during last year's Champions League, which is when it did get kind of boring. I mean there was point where I stopped watching every Al Pacino movie in the mid-90s, know what I mean? But then last night this happened:
The look on his face after he twists the dude's ear or whatever. Wow. Jose Mourinho, I salute your persistence in all its childishness.
0 comments:
Post a Comment