Friday, August 26, 2011

Week 2 Round Up

Posted by @joey7barton on Twitter


Those of you who took my advice and are following Joey Barton on Twitter will have seen the above picture already when he tweeted it earlier. Joey's coming to London, where hopefully he'll resist coming in people's faces. This is a good signing for QPR, they need to strenthen the team and Barton is just what they need. Is it a good signing for him? That remains to be seen, but you would think that he's better off somewhere where he is wanted than somewhere where he is not (by the club bigwigs that is, no doubt the toon army wanted him to stay). There's better libraries in London too, so he'll be able to get more books to tweet about. In other QPR news I was talking to a QPR supporting friend in the pub the other day. He had inside knowledge on the QPR getting a midfielder with the initials JB on a free. I reckon that now that Barton has signed that it's unlikely that Jimmy Bullard will sign.

From one "Hoops" to another... (come on, that was pretty slick) The draw for the  Europa League took place earlier and the official PLB team of this competition, Shamrock Rovers, got drawn against Spurs, Rubin Kazan and PAOK. So we all get to look forward to the spectacle of Irish Spurs "fans" cheering for the English team in an Irish stadium against an Irish team. The debate is now on about where they should play. There's obviously potential for more money if they play at Landsowne Road, but I think it's better for the Rovers fans if they stay in Tallaght, although there are issues with the stadium being too small. Second choice for me would be the RDS, it's big enough, they could ensure the Rovers fans all get tickets and they limit the number of opposition fans, nothing worse than being outnumbered by the "away" fans. Anyway good luck to Rovers in the coming weeks and months. And as the bandwagon gathers momentum, here are a few key phrases for us new Rovers fans to start using
"Fucking barstoolers and event junkies taking all the tickets and then cheering for the foreign team"
"It broke my heart when we left Milltown but now that we're successful again I've come back"
"Well, Celtic and Rangers couldn't make it so this proves that the LoI is better than the SPL. PROVES I tell you, like some serious Perry Mason proof"

This was already posted but it's worth watching again. And it makes me look all multimedia and shit.


Jon Obi Mikel's father got freed by police, apparently the kidnappers wanted £2.5bn (yes that's BILLION) according to the Scum (warning Rupert Murdoch alert), that can't be right, can it? Even the widow of one of those former Nigerian Generals and Princes that seemingly have stashed away a KAJILLION quid in bizarrely hard to reach oil money, would struggle to pay £2.5 BILLION. The Mirror says they wanted £40k. I suspect it was somewhere in between.

That Spanish strike I was on about last week went ahead, I was in Barcelona during a general strike once. That was good, loads of strikers marching around, chanting, forcing shops and cafes to close (I got stuck in one for ages after I popped in for some breakfast), I'd imagine that for Cesc and the gang it was a bit more sedate. I still haven't bothered to find out what they're striking for, if you know share with the group (in the comments).

That nice Sir Alex Ferguson is being nice about Arsene Wenger again, you know you're in the shit when old red nose decides your not a big enough threat to slag you off in the media any more. I preferred it when they hated each other.

If I'm going to write a regular round up of the week, then I'm going to need a snappy title for it, so someone sort me out with one please, stick your ideas in the comments and I'll ignore them all. I'm also going to have to cut down on the booze if I'm going to avoid writing this nonsense at 2:30am on a Friday. And possibly pay attention to what is happening in the league.

Yes, I know I've ballsed up the formatting in the first paragraph.*
No, I don't know how to fix it.
Let's just pretend it didn't happen, yeah?**

* Fixed - Ed.
** No - Ed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep writing at 2:30am on the booze. Hoos On the Piss. There's yer feckin' title.

dontcallmepaddy said...

Musings from London or some shit like that, except less poncy. I dunno. Excellent work again. You're a proper PLB soldier.

Post a Comment

#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none; }